Dear Members and Supporters:
Thank you so much for all your support in the last year!
Your generosity enabled The Arc of Delaware to continue promoting and protecting the rights of about 27,000 people with intellectual and developmental disorders (IDD) in Delaware.
Your caring allowed us to continue providing housing, employment and outreach services that help people with IDD live, work and socialize in their communities of choice.
We’re incredibly proud of the outcomes we’re seeing and motivated to keep strengthening our efforts. Let me share just one example:
Chesapeake Utilities is a company that actively values its diverse workforce. Since 2014, The Arc employment team has supported the hiring and career growth of Shannon and Jessica, two employees with IDD. From developing resumes and practicing mock interviews through continuous job needs assessments, including Covid-19 adjustments, The Arc has been there to support their career progression. In 2022, the company’s Women in Energy Employee Resource Group recognized both Shannon and Jessica as “Hidden Heroes,” those extraordinary employees who ensure that company departments, projects and processes are managed successfully. Nominations by their peers were glowing, acknowledging how grateful and appreciative the Corporate Governance team is for all their contributions!
It’s thanks to supporters like you that we can help Shannon, Jessica and others grow and succeed in their communities. With your sustaining help, we can expand our efforts in 2023 to benefit even more people throughout the state.
Initiatives already underway include
- Supporting RISE Delaware, a new self-advocacy organization for people with disabilities
- Developing “smart” innovations for neighborhood homes that support greater independence
- Building inclusive community through partnerships with a growing number of state agencies, advocacy organizations and business initiatives
- Expanding our individual and group outreach to address issues in systems navigation, case management, education, and social opportunities.
BUT WE CAN’T DO IT WITHOUT YOU!
Please help us continue to help them with a generous contribution today!
- Donate securely online by clicking the button.
- Call us at 302-996-9400 with your credit card info.
- Send a check payable to The Arc of Delaware at 2 South Augustine St., Suite B, Wilmington, DE 19804.
We appreciate all donations, large and small, in support of our mission and the people we serve.
Thank you and have a very happy holiday season!
P.S. Did you know you could double or triple the impact of your donation through a corporate matching gift? Please visit https://thearc.org/matching-gifts/ to see if your employer participates.