Dear Members and Supporters,
Thank you so much for all your support in the last year!
Because you believe in our mission, The Arc of Delaware was able to continue advocating for the estimated 27,000 people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in Delaware.
Because you care about people with IDD, we were able to creatively adapt our services so that no one who needed our help in 2021 was turned away.
Here’s one example of how we are providing responsive service despite the challenges of the pandemic:
“Ellen” was very concerned about Covid-19, worried about crowds and increasingly fearful of getting sick from her interactions with them. When her employer, a large, busy retail store, shut down, she turned to The Arc of Delaware for help in obtaining another job, preferably one with more environmental security. Fortunately, The Arc employment team found a position at a food market with gas pumps and a cashier booth outside. Now, Ellen can sit behind glass to collect money and perform other tasks, safely gloved, masked and distanced from customers. Exactly what she was looking for!
We are so grateful to have supporters like you who enable us to share stories like these. And with your help, we can expand our efforts in 2022 to make Delaware communities even more inclusive and supportive for people with IDD.
Some possibilities include
- In-person dances, hosted movie nights and picnics in parks around the state
- Sponsored sessions for people with IDD and their families to share their concerns and suggestions for living, working and socializing in the community
- New initiatives, such as programs to strengthen self-advocacy skills or navigate housing issues
But we can’t do it without you!
Your support of our mission enables us to
- advocate for human rights,
- supply safe and secure homes,
- provide job preparation and support,
- assist in crisis situations,
- host social opportunities,
- and so much more for people with IDD in Delaware.
Please help us continue to help them with a generous contribution today!
- Donate securely online by clicking the button.
- Call The Arc of Delaware at 302-996-9400 with your credit card info
- Send a check payable to The Arc of Delaware at 2 South Augustine St., Suite B, Wilmington, DE 19804
We appreciate all donations, large and small, and your ongoing support in our fight for equality and inclusion, empowering people with IDD to live the lives they want in their communities of choice.
With your help, we grow stronger in our advocacy and broader in our range of services.
Thank you and have a very happy holiday season!
P.S. Did you know you could double or triple the impact of your donation through a corporate matching gift? Please visit thearc.org/matching-gifts/ to see if your employer participates.